We are excited to be recruiting on behalf of our client in the Littleborough, Greater Manchester area.
We are recruiting for a full time Sous Chef to work in a nursing home.
Working days & hours required:
You will be required to work 10 hours each day, this will be flexible across 7 days a week.
Within this role you will work alongside a sous chef and the rota can be arranged to confirm working shifts,
£10.21 per hour (paid on a weekly basis)
- To prepare, cook and serve high quality hot and cold meals as and when required.
- Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary and to take account the preferences of our ladies and gentlemen.
- Assist in planning/costing leas in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of the available fresh food.
- Participate in staff and client meetings as required
- Maintain accurate records of food supplies and freezer and fridge temperatures
- Ensure stock rotation. Assist in the ordering of stock, checking of deliveries and check and value stocks as required by the Home Manager/ Chef
- Supervise and instruct kitchen staff in the use of all equipment and hygiene
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site as and when required
- Ensure stator health and safety standards in the kitchen and dining area
- Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area and where appropriate the dining areas is carried out effectively.
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or person in charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by our ladies and gentlemen, colleague, self or another
- Report to the home manager or facilities manager any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment, or any potential hazard
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to a third party
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Carry out any other tasks that may be responsibly assigned to you.
- City and Guilds 706 1& 2 in catering or equivalent qualification or working towards
- Basic Food hygiene certificate
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- DBS Check and where applicable SOVA Check
- Numeracy and Literacy skills
- Previous management/supervision experience (desired)
- Previous experience of food preparation for relevant client group (desired)
If you are interested in the role then please apply with your CV today
We look forward to hearing from you
First 4 Recruitment is acting as the recruiter in relation to this role
Reference ID: SOCHEF/TV(E)
Reference ID: SOCHEF/TV(E)
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: £10.21 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you based in the Littleborough area?
- Sous Chef: 1 year (preferred)
- Catering: 1 year (preferred)
- Catering certificate (preferred)
- DBS certificate (preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.