We are excited to be recruiting on behalf of our client in the Littleborough, Greater Manchester area.
We are recruiting for a full time chef to work in a nursing home.
Working days & hours required:
You will be required to work 10 hours each day, this will be flexible across 7 days a week.
Within this role you will work alongside a sous chef and the rota can be arranged to confirm working shifts,
£9.95 per hour (paid on a weekly basis)
Job role & expectation:
- * To prepare, cook and serve high quality meals which are appetising, nutritious and centered on the preferences of our Ladies and Gentlemen, taking into account any special dietary and allergen requirements. Utilising the recipe book provided and HACCP manual to ensure consistent output levels are maintained
- To be active and engaging, provide technical advice and guidance on food related matters; ensuring a positive and supportive working environment for the team.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements, including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Health and Safety, Manual Handling, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), food safety and Food Hygiene, have a clear understanding of Infection Prevention and Control Policies, procedures and measure to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- Monitor and maintain kitchen cleaning schedules ensuring that all areas of the kitchen are immaculately clean; including the washing up of crockery and utensils when required.
- Ensure there are sufficient food stocks are ordered, received and controlled through approved suppliers and that effective stock management is maintained at all times, including completion of monthly stock takes to reduce food waste to a minimum.
- Prepare and oversee the cleaning rota , to the regular cleaning of all kitchen areas
- Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of all kitchen equipment, ensuring any damage or faults are reported to the home manager and follow up action is initiated
- Organise specific food events and activities for the benefit of our ladies and gentlemen.
- Minimum qualification of QCF/NVQ Level2/City and Guilds 706/2 in catering
- Food Safety intermediate level ( work towards if not ready completed )
- Good Numeracy and Literacy skills
- Full understanding of HACCP process and implementation experience
- Previous experience working in a busy kitchen environment
- A passion for producing fresh, home cooked food, from scratch to highest standards
- Friendly and enthusiastic disposition and ability to integrate well with others
- Effective communication skills, approachable and customer focused
- Strong personal qualities, reliable, punctual with smart appearance and bearing
- Eligible to work in the UK
If you are interested in the role then please apply with your CV today
We look forward to hearing from you
First 4 Recruitment is acting as the recruiter in relation to this role
Reference ID: CHEF/TV(E)
Reference ID: CHEF/TV(E)
Job Types: Temporary, Permanent
Salary: £9.95 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you based in the Littleborough area?
- Chef: 1 year (preferred)
- Catering: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
- Catering certificate (preferred)
- DBS certificate (preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.